Lockouts have become a common phenomenon. It can be dangerous when you are unable to access your house or office, depending on circumstances such as time of the day, location and sorts. To prevent such mishaps in the future, here are a few useful tips and tricks as suggested by experienced locksmiths.
- No matter what, never leave your home without keys in hand. Be it to grab your morning newspaper or to mow the lawn, make sure that you can get back to your house.
- Keep close watch on your locks and keys for any wear and tear. If you find it hard to either lock or unlock, you can use a lubricant to make it function smoothly back again.
- It’s ideal to offer a spare key to a family member or someone whom you can trust. Hiding them somewhere outside your house is a great opportunity for intruders to break in.
- Consider using deadbolt locks. Locksmiths
- Do NOT provide your keys to your gardeners, maids or contractors who can easily make copies of it and gain access to your home. By doing so, you are risking the safety of your family.
- To prevent loss of keys, you shall harness several tracking apps available for your smartphone, with which it is effortless to track down the location of your keys.
Make it a habit to follow these tips every day to avoid any ill-fated chance of being locked out.